Saturday, December 06, 2008

A BIG Accomplishment!

If you don't want to read about my son's bowel movements stop here...Also if you have a 1,2,3 or sometimes 4 year old who is potty training, be prepared to be jealous!

Haydn and Connor were playing in the McDonald's play scape tonight and Connor brought Haydn to me and said, "Mom, he wants you." I asked Haydn what he needed and he proceeded to tell me "Poopy!" while holding his bum (he usually does come tell me after he's gone). I thought, "Oh yeah (sarcastic), lets go change you!" and we headed to the public bathroom. I laid him on the changing table only to realize he wasn't poopy. I said, "Haydn you aren't poopy. Do you want to go potty?" "Yeah!" he said. So, I got him all ready and sat him down thinking he wouldn't like the feel of the big toilet and back out of the idea. I WAS WRONG! He did his business and actually pooped in the potty! YEAH!!! He's not even 2 and he's not getting much pushing from me. I don't even bribe him by giving treats for a job well done. I haven't needed to. I only take him potty when he asks and he's already starting to tell me before he needs to go! This is so like Haydn to just figure it out on his own. He doesn't rely on me to teach him new skills like Connor does. Connor is happy relying on me to do it and usually puts up a fight when I try to teach him to do something himself. Not Haydn. Haydn watches and if he sees it can be done he teaches himself to do it. Go Haydn! I'm so proud. Looks like we'll be out of diapers sooner than we thought!

No comments: