Friday, May 29, 2009

My Baby Is Growing UP

Connor has always been OBSESSED with growing. He tells me almost everyday that he grew the overnight or at nap time. He can't wait to be the boss, like Mommy and Daddy. In a couple months he's off to kindergarten. He's always been a good sleeper so he still sometimes takes naps. I guess I have to give up nap time though so he can get ready for school. I've told him he won't have to take naps anymore when he goes to school so I KNOW he'll hold me to it. Today, I let him have a quiet time and told him to read books some books. We go to the library every week to get more books for us to cycle through. He chose a bunch of those to read-all level 2 or higher (meaning can read with help or on their own). Each book had at least 30 pages some had more than 60 pages with plenty of words on them. He read 4 of them, on his own, in under an hour. Afterwards, I asked him to bring me the books and tell me what they were about. He was able to summarize all the stories to me while I was working on something. About 2 hours later I picked up one of the books and flipped through it and asked him a question about the story. He still remembered and recounted the details to me including 3 characters names and what they did together. I AM ONE PROUD MOM! It seems like I just brought this helpless little baby home and here he is seriously independent. He constantly amazes me. The best part of being a Mom is watching your children succeed and learn new things. Keep at it Connor! You know though...you could slow down your growing a little!

No comments: