Saturday, June 19, 2010

Star Wars Birthday Party

Connor wanted a Star Wars party for his birthday (BIG SURPRISE). We went all out for this one. I spent all week preparing, mostly sewing Jedi capes for all 11 kids and my husband. It was a lot of work but TOTALLY worth it. We suited up the kids and had them play a lot of simple games to enhance their Jedi skills. Everyone had a blast! The only sad part of the day is that poor Haydn woke up sick and so he stayed napping, secluded in his room and missed the whole party. He was really sad about it and kept trying to convince me he was ok but I'm glad I didn't believe him cause he's still not. I guess that just means we'll probably do this again in a few months when it's his birthday (cause he wants a Star Wars party too).

To begin our Jedi Training we suited up each "apprentice" with a Jedi cloak and light saber. Then Yoda introduced and obstacle course which they got to race through one by one carrying Yoda on their backs (like Luke did during his training).



Light Saber Training- They had to keep the balloon up in the air with their light saber...

Darth Maul made and appearance and the Jedi Apprentices got to fight him off...



Save the Princess- The balloons were filled with candy and there were two pictures of Padme and Princess Leia in the bunch. They had to find and save the princesses by popping the balloons.

Jedi Freeze- Run when the music plays, Stop when it stops, to heighten their Jedi reflexes...

Wookie Bow Caster Training- Shooting at Star Wars villans- the Emperor, Darth Vader, Darth Maul and General Grievous...

The Food...

Present Time...


Jedi Apprentice Training Class Photos...



Star Wars Cake...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...

4 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! That is amazing Jenn!

sorichfamily said...

ps...you are awesome! :)

Jenni said...

So cute!!! I love the creative light sabars! Looks like a ton of fun!

Brittanie said...

What a fun party!! I wish I was a little boy so that I could have a Jedi party!! Maybe I will ask Nathan to make that the theme for my next birthday. =) Connor is getting so big! We miss you guys! COME VISIT SAN ANTONIO!! =)