Monday, March 26, 2012

Doctors and Stitches

We made a couple doctor visits recently for our February birthday babies.  Archer at 2 weeks weighed in at 8lbs 6 oz.  He looked perfect and was already gaining weight so the doctor said we didn't need to come back until he's 2 months old.  Haydn also got his 5yr old check up.  He weighed in at 41lbs 6oz and 43in tall.  He's in the 50% for both height and weight, officially the smallest of my boys.  He's 7 lbs lighter than Connor was at his age and about 4 inches shorter (Connor was off the charts in both).  Haydn was bright and perfect too, no worries.  
 During the 3 days between my mom and sister leaving and my mother-in-law coming we had an emergency situation (our first!).  Haydn had to get stitches in his chin, 10 in all, after slipping trying to get out of the tub.  It was HORRIBLE!  He hated being strapped down and SCREAMED the whole time.  Here's a picture of his bloodshot face.  The red blotches lasted for days.  I felt so sorry for him.  When he had to have them taken out he was the picture of brave though.  He was so patient and calm.  It made me so proud.  I had been dreading it but he was awesome.


No comments: