Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Scott meeting Dad


When we were first dating, maybe 2 weeks into our relationship (this was June 2002), I told Scott my Dad was coming into town. He immediately assumed, with no help from me, that he was going to meet my Dad and spend every waking moment with us. Fine by me I guess, it all went well.
When my Dad first came up he picked up Scott and I at our BYU on-campus housing and took us to my Aunt Mary and Uncle Lael's house (actually my Dad's aunt and uncle) and we had a big family dinner with them. My youngest sister Susie was with my Dad. She was about 9/10 years old. When we got in the car together Susie announces to the world, "Jennie, I like him, he smells good." Just a little embarrassing!
Unbeknownst to me, at some point during the evening my Dad had to get something from the car and asked Scott to help him. My father's biggest wish came true when he realized he had his shotgun in the trunk. He pulls it out and ask Scott something like, "Do you know how to use one of these?" and then tells him all about the gun. He always wanted to scare off my boyfriends like that and he got his chance. Lucky me, Scott didn't run!
The next day we went hiking in the canyon up by BYU to Bridal Veil Falls and had a Bar-BQ. I remember it being very windy. It was a fun weekend in all.






No comments: