Monday, April 02, 2007

First real smile!

It's a monumental day! I have been trying to get Haydn to smile at me for a month an a half now. Don't get me wrong, he smiles all the time but only when sleeping and sometimes when he's alert but it was never at me! He's always so busy staring at everything else going on or the nice contrast of our walls and dark doorways. Today we had a whole little conversation with cooing and smiles and of course Haydn's signature sound...grunts. I love this little angel! I'll get pics up just as soon as I can capture one...hopefully only a matter of time.

Also, today he laughed for the first time...but he was sleeping when he did it. I had just finished feeding him so he was very content. He was laying on my legs and all the sudden this BIG smile comes across his face and he let out a little giggle. His tummy bounced and everything. It was so precious. This happened just moments before he smiled at me for the first time as noted above. Now it's my next goal to get him to laugh at me when he's awake.

No comments: