Thursday, June 07, 2007

Updates

I don't have many new photos but I just wanted to talk about the boys and some things they say and do. I have been talking to my husband everyday and I try to tell him all these cute stories about our boys but then forget to blog them so I'll remember them for all time. Anyways, here goes...

Connor is such a sweetheart. His newest thing it to ask "why?" about EVERYTHING! He's obviously learning a lot as well as testing our patience sometimes. He's also been missing home and looking forward for his Daddy to come (TONIGHT! YEAH!). He'll say things like..."I want to go home, not this home, OUR home." He says in his prayers too..."Please bless Uncle Dennis to love my Daddy" and "Please bless Daddy to love the doggies"(my Mom just recently got 2 dogs, pics coming soon). He loves those dogs and when he wakes up the first thing he wants to do is go outside. He was recently running up the stairs and face planted. He got a nice scab on his nose that is going away quickly. The trick is making it so that he doesn't get a scar along with his nice tan. Sometimes I can't believe how independent he is...he can do a lot on his own although sometimes he's not in the mood to do it. His new favorite food is Popsicles which in his toddler speak he calls "pocket fulls". Connor loves the beach and the park. He loves to read and his favorite book at the moment is "Horton Hatches the Egg" by Dr. Seuss. He is such a little helper and will do almost anything I ask. He still loves on his little brother and calls him "my baby" when talking about Haydn. I love this little ball of energy!

Haydn is just the cutest baby. He smiles and laughs and loves to talk to you. He pushes up really good with this hands when he's on his tummy. He likes to sit in the walker and look around at the world and try to hit or suck on the toys in front of him. His mood can go from happy to sad in a moment and then you know he's either tired or hungry. He's a pretty good sleeper. He seems to wake up restless every once in a while in the wee hours of the morning but is easily soothed. He goes all night without eating and has for probably a month already so that been really nice on his Mommy. He loves the water, bath and ocean, and is a natural swimmer I think. He really is just so good tempered. The other day I was in the backyard with him in my lap. One of the dogs, a lab, came up to examine Haydn and was panting in his face. Haydn didn't get scared or worried...he giggled! It was the cutest thing. He is a thumb sucker! He loves that thumb!

So as you can see I am a happy, proud Mom. We are having a great summer. The boys and I are SOOO looking forward to Scott's arrival tonight. Connor can't stop talking about it. We'll all be together again for 2 weeks of bliss. We'll have plenty more pics to share because we are going to have some extra fun adventures while he's here.

1 comment:

Brittanie said...

I'm glad that Scott gets to go out for a visit! That is going to be such fun!! Kiss your boys for me!

Love ya!