Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I DID IT.....

Today marks a special day! There were two "I did it!" moments in our family...

1) Haydn managed to climb out of his crib, several times in fact. He doesn't do it nearly as graceful as Connor did but for a 15th month old it is impressive none the less. He was very proud of himself to describe it lightly! He climbs up just enough to get his waist on the edge and then does a nice somersault, head first, to the floor! I switched his crib around, the back is higher than the front (it's working for now), and we've told Connor he is no longer allowed to climb in and out of Haydn's crib (part of their morning playtime routine) which I think aided in Haydn's early ability to climb out.

2)For the past 2 months I've been working on a running goal for myself. I started a Couch Potato to 5K program (http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml) and I reached my goal for the first time today. I ran for 30 minutes straight or 3 miles(5K) straight! Wow! There was no way I could have done this at the beginning so this is an awesome feat for me! Now I just have to keep doing it to stay in shape! I feel great when I run! So anyways, this is my new hobby I am doing for myself!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

jen I didn't know you were so into running!!! Lets find a way to run together! I am always looking for a running partner. I miss you and your boys so so much! Rocky wanted me to send his love too. please keep in touch. feel free to call to chat or whatever if you have time.