Thursday, February 05, 2009

It was a Happy Birthday!

First, I need to apologize to all those who check my blog...I have been really slacking off. With being nauseous a lot I haven't been in the mood to sit at the computer and blog and I think I've gotten out of the habit. Now that I'm starting to feel better (knock on wood) I hope to do better. Also, when I have been on the computer I've been house hunting and not much else. We are actually hoping that will come to an end soon because we are putting an offer on a house tonight. I'll let you know how that all turns out.

Monday was my 26th Birthday! Yeah...another year! Anyways...it was a very special long weekend of partying. My Dad and his little kiddos came up Saturday and took us out to dinner. Then on Sunday all the kids helped decorate a cake for me. I had a Princess Party(at Connor's insistence). Instead of making it in the shape of a princess though we decided pink strawberry cake with "Princess Icing" would do. To top it off Scott cut strawberries in the the shape of flowers too. I also had magic wand candles! The real part of the princess theme though was that I got treated like a princess all weekend. Sunday night some friends threw together a birthday dinner for me (the birthday celebration part was a surprise). There, I got another chance to make a wish with 26 candles...it really lit up the room. Unfortunately, late that night I felt horribly sick and so on my actual birthday I spent most of the day recovering in bed from a bad night. Luckily, I felt well enough later that we went out to dinner and celebrated again! I got a really cool sewing machine for my birthday that of course I have every intention of using. We'll see if it happens with a move soon and a baby coming. Thanks for all those that celebrated with me.




3 comments:

AASKH said...

Happy be-lated birthday friend! Hope you had a great day! Hope you keep feeling better too!

So many blogs..too little time said...

I thought about you on your b-day. Sorry I didn't write sooner. Hope it was a good day.

Katie said...

Yeah, I'm glad you had a good day. Sorry we only left messages and weren't able to talk to you. Let me know how the house thing goes because we realized that it would be better to visit sooner, since we are going to move in April (stay here, just new apartment). I hope you get it. Anyway, happy Birthday again! I loved Connor's hair!