Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

I've been very busy unpacking and getting settled. I found my camera in one of the last boxes and we FINALLY got our internet working so I'm FINALLY blogging again. We are LOVING our new place. Scott and I even got our living room painted already, it only took til 2am one night--well worth it. You can see pics of the house behind my cute kids in these Easter photos.

We had a great Easter. The Easter bunny left the boys chocolate bunnies, new Easter Sunday clothes (I didn't get a pic of them dressed up but I will--they were SO cute) and a story of Christ's last week on earth and his resurrection I found here. We even had a special symbolic Easter breakfast where we took Jesus' body (a big marshmallow), anointed him with oil and spices(butter, cinnamon and sugar), and the wrapped him in clean white cloth (a croissant roll). We then put him in the tomb (the oven) and after 3 days(or 8min) looked in the tomb and Jesus wasn't there (or as Connor so wisely insisted he melted!) I thought it was a good object lesson and a good breakfast too. It got the message across.

1 comment:

lnkmom said...

Glad everything is going well at your new place! We will have to try that Easter Breakfast some time!