Monday, June 22, 2009

Connor's Pirate Party

We had a great Birthday party for Connor on Saturday. He chose a pirate theme. We had a bunch of games (pin the flag on the treasure chest, a pinata, and water balloon/canon ball fight) and activities (tattoos, pirate hats, eye patches, pirate stories, and BBQ lunch with hot dog ships). I made a pirate ship cake that I had more problems with than I thought I would but turned out looking ok and tasting great so I bit my perfectionist tongue and went with it. When Connor saw it in the morning he said, "Mom, that's perfect for my pirate party!" Then I felt better. It was a fun day and most importantly Connor was VERY happy with how it went. We had some old friends and new friends come celebrate with us. Thanks friends for joining us and helping to make it special for Connor. After the party Grandpa and Uncle Gabriel came to visit and we had fun celebrating birthdays (Connor and Gabriel are 11 days apart) and Father's Day. Here's some pics of all the fun...

4 comments:

Brittanie said...

Happy birthday Connor! He is getting so big!! I can't believe it! We miss you guys!

lnkmom said...

We had a great time too!

Thanks for letting us help Connor celebrate (and see your new house too)!

AASKH said...

I am glad Connor had a great birthday! Your buckbeds look great! (We might take you up on that toddler bed once we've moved because it wouldn't fit in their room now)

Natalie said...

That looked like so much fun!!!! I miss you guys so much I hope you are feelin' good! I can't wait to see baby boy number three!