Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stats and Strawberries

We went to the doctor yesterday for Connor's 5 yr old well-child check and here's the stats...Connor is...
48lbs (90 percentile and all muscle)
47 1/2in tall (off the charts apparently and not just by a little)

He's always been between the 50th and 75th percentiles before so this blew my mind. I knew he was tall when he went for his kindergarten orientation and he was one of the tallest kids but seriously another 1/2 inch and he's officially 4 ft tall. He's grown over 5 inches this year and we figure at that rate he could be taller than me by the time he's 8 or 9! Today I looked up an estimate of how tall he'll be based on his stats now, 6'3''! I told him he might be taller than Daddy someday and he said, "Oh, that makes me SO HAPPY!" Apparently he's obsession with growing is working!

We went strawberry picking with some friends right in our little town. It was fun. The kids LOVE strawberries. Their favorite breakfast lately is oatmeal with strawberries on top. We worked hard and my pregnant back held out long enough to pick 6lbs. The kids were good helpers too of course. I heard a lot of "I eat it?" We'll probably go back again before the season is over just to stock up our freezer.


1 comment:

Analia and Co. said...

It was fun to go there especially because it is so close to us. Want to go next week? That is if you didn't already have the baby! Oh and lets not forget to leave the windows of the car opened...he he! J/K I've added the Insurance coverage since that day.