Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Helping Hand

Helping hands are usually appreciated. Today Connor thought he'd be helpful and try to clean out his shoes. We had been at the park and boys will be boys. He had gotten quite filthy to say the least. His shoes were full of sand and he wanted to get them clean. We had walked to the park so while I took Haydn upstairs to bed (he'd conked out on the way home) and put the stroller away, Connor proceeded to take care of cleaning his shoes. I walked in the door and stepped in some sand. I noticed a nice trail following the path he took to the bathroom shaking his shoes out. I call, "Connor!" Then I see the bathroom sink is covered in dirt and his shoes are on the edges, both of them wet. "I cleaned my shoes Mommy" says the sweetest toddler in the world. I was a upset at the big mess he'd made and the fact that his shoes were soaking wet and unwearable for the rest of the day so I asked, "What were you thinking!" His reply, "My shoes were sandy and I couldn't get all the sand out so I had to wash them." Now that the mess is clean and Connor now knows not to put water in his shoes, I can't help but laugh. I love how much he wanted to help and solve his own problem. It's so sweet! Kids are such an adventure!

No comments: