Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School

I'm officially the mom of the cutest kindergartner I know. Connor had his very first day of school today. We said our sad goodbyes (Haydn was BY FAR the saddest), and waited for the bus. I should say waited and waited and waited and waited and finally after getting the car out to drive him the bus finally came. They were running so late today because of some problem but hopefully it will be solved tomorrow. Connor was so sad we wasn't going to get to ride the bus and practically jumped out of the car and ran on before I could get my camera out again. Haydn was right behind him and climbed up trying to stow away. Poor thing was so distraught. After Daddy let him drive around the block with him he was a little happier though. Connor was so brave about the whole thing, he didn't even talk about being scared or anything. You'd think he'd done it a million times already. He came home happy and he'd had fun. He was excited about a walk they took around the school and that they got to read 2 stories. I love that the pic of him getting off the bus is him waving goodbye to all his new friends. He's such an awesome kid. I can't believe he's really in school already.




5 comments:

lnkmom said...

He is so handsome! I'm glad he had a great first day!

I think you are so brave to let him ride the bus! I hope they get the problems fixed for tomorrow!

So many blogs..too little time said...

I get to experience that next week! Was it hard?

Scott said...

At Breakfast Jenn turned to me and said, "My baby is going to school!" That being said, it was definitely harder on Haydn than on Connor. Haydn was practically inconsolable for a minute or two, furious that he was left out of the bus ride and devastated that he didn't have his best buddy Connor to play with.

Katie said...

I can't believe my little Connor is going to school! He's such a sweet kid, no wonder he made lots of new friends and had a good first day. Tell him I love him (even if he is a cougar)!

Brittanie said...

Okay - Connor is such a stud. I can't even handle it! Your baby is SO DARN CUTE! AND - how crazy is it that we are in the same ward as Scott's mom? Now you guys have to come to San Antonio. I would pretty much die of happiness to have you visit! I'm missing it there so much! Go pick some berries and apples for me and give your babies a squeeze! Love you guys!